We Are a Silicon Valley Immigration Firm Serving Clients Globally.
|Personalized Service:||We take a holistic, individual approach to every case.|
|Over 2000 approvals:||
With customized empathetic strategy, we aim for the highest chance of success.
From start-ups to scientists & artists, we have the expertise to serve diverse clients.
About Ashima Duggal
Since 2004, Ashima has successfully represented many hundreds of clients from around the world. Throughout her career, she has obtained approvals in over 2000 applications. Based in Silicon Valley, CA, her practice focuses exclusively on U.S. immigration law.
Her clients have ranged from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups; entrepreneurs and investors; physicians and scientists; and professionals from fields such as technology, finance, law, arts and journalism.
- Juris Doctor degree from Southern Methodist University School of Law
Activities & Honors: Recipient of the American Corporate Counsel Larry Margolies Memorial Fellowship, Thomas Tang Moot Court 3rd Place Winner, Officer of Asian- American Law Students Association; Fellowship with Dallas County District Attorney’s Office
- Bachelor of Arts in Asian Studies and Philosophy from University of Texas-Austin, Minor in Economics
Activities & Honors: Asian Studies Honor’s Graduate and Scholarship, Resident Manager
Notable Experience and Volunteer Roles
- Lead Immigration Program Analyst at the U.S. Department of Labor on the PERM program
- Associate Attorney at two global corporate immigration firms, prior to starting her own practice
- Llesiant: Served in various roles at a software company that provided business intelligence services to BigLaw; Reported to CEO
- Documentary Film Production and Direction (Part-time Passion Project – 2013-2016)
- Advocate, The Sikh Coalition, a U.S. Civil Rights organization. Lobbied Congressman, Wrote Op-eds (Volunteer)
- Program Management, DAWN Worldwide, whose mission is to end gender-based violence and advance gender equality (Volunteer)
- Intern, U.S. Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service
- As a passion and before starting her law practice, Ashima helped produce/direct documentary films that give voice to previously unheard narratives
- Ashima has practiced Vipassana Meditation since 2007
- New York, 2007
- Texas, 2005
As U.S. Immigration is federal law, I am able to practice in all 50 states.
- Chair, American Immigration Lawyers Association-Santa Clara Valley Chapter, 2021-2022
- Author, Visiting the United States for Work or Pleasure: What Are the Rules, and How Can I Effectively Counsel My Clients? (American Immigration Lawyers Association Border Conference 2022)
- Author and Speaker, Introduction to H-1B Specialty Occupation Worker Visa (LexisNexus Expert Video series, 2022)
- Author and Speaker, Introduction to L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa (LexisNexus Expert Video series, 2022)
- Author and Speaker, Leveraging Alternative Wage Surveys: A Practical Introduction, H-1B, PERM, H-2B (American Immigration Lawyers Association Web Conference, 2021)
- Author and Speaker, Diversity and Inclusion: Understanding the Current Conversation (American Immigration Lawyers Association, California Chapters Conference, 2020)
- Author, Impact of Layoffs And Salary And Hours Reductions On Foreign National Employees (University of Texas Conference on Immigration and Nationality Law, 2009)
- Program Chair, American Immigration Lawyers Association-Texas State Conference, 2009
- Houston Coordinator, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2008-2009
Meet our team
Senior Case Manager
Jacqueline has over 24-years’ experience in immigration law, including in business immigration, family immigration and naturalization applications. She has successfully assisted companies, their employees, families and entrepreneurs obtain the American dream. She has served clients across many industries, including technology, art and entertainment, healthcare, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, higher education and research institutions.
As an immigrant herself, Jacqueline brings first-hand experience and knowledge of the struggles that many immigrants face. Through this perspective, she is able to bring a unique and admirable passion to her work. Jacqueline graduated with a bachelors’ degree from Chestnut Hill College. In her free time, she loves international travel, hiking and raising money for organizations dedicated to cancer treatments and cures.
Elizabeth Kays is a senior writer with a background in science who specializes in finding creative, engaging ways to tell complex stories. She earned a Master’s degree in Chemistry from the University of Oxford and worked in solar power research for a year before returning to the U.S. and focusing on immigration writing.
Since 2016, she has been writing high-level support letters for NIW, O-1 and EB-1 “Extraordinary Ability” immigration petitions, particularly in science & technology fields.
Ms. Lance has been practicing US immigration law, with a focus on business immigration, since 2014. Beginning her career in London, UK, Ms. Lance is experienced both with petition based and consular matters. She is experienced in many areas, including EB1, EB2 permanent residence categories and in various nonimmigrant visas. She has specific in-depth experience with investor visas, extraordinary ability classification and intracompany transfers for multinational companies.
Ms. Lance’s experience touches an abundance of industries, including technology, retail, engineering, manufacturing, for startups and established businesses alike. Ms. Lance holds a JD from the John Marshall Law School, Chicago and is licensed in both Illinois and California.
Sara Rohani is a Business Immigration attorney with years of experience working on a variety of employment-based immigration petitions. Ms. Rohani has extensive experience handling O-1 nonimmigrant visa and EB-1 green card cases based on extraordinary ability on behalf of notable artists, musicians, producers, scientists, technology entrepreneurs, business executives, and well-known experts in many areas of specialty. She also has extensive H-1B and L-1 visa experience, and has represented asylum clients in immigration court.
As a law student, Ms. Rohani worked with several nonprofit organizations working on various family-based immigration cases, including marriage-based green card cases, asylum cases, and adjustment of status and naturalization petitions. Ms. Rohani was English Editor and Co-Author of the book Pursuing the American Dream: A Legal Handbook for New Immigrants to the United States, published by World Journal in both Chinese and English. She received her B.A. in Psychology from Hofstra University Honors College in 2011 and her J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 2014. Ms. Rohani speaks English and Farsi and has a working knowledge of French.
Sue Patel has worked on immigration matters for Fortune 500 companies, small companies and individuals for nearly 15 years. She has worked for global corporate law firms where she gained high-volume immigration across many industries and many areas, including employment-based matters, such as H-1B, E-3, E-2, L-1A, L-1B, TN, O-1, and green card cases including PERM, EB1 and EB2. Sue earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Depaul University in Chicago and a Paralegal Certificate from Roosevelt University.
As a passion, Sue is a Climate Reality Leader, personally trained by former Vice President Al Gore to educate on climate change. If she is not presenting to business or groups of people, she is at home with her two rescue cats or she is enjoying the outdoors on a hike or bike ride.
Immigration laws are complex, and they’re changing every day. We provide clarity, expertise and unmatched service.
- O-1 Extraordinary Ability
- E-2 Investors, Founders and Employees
- E-3 Specialty Occupation
- TN Trade NAFTA
- H1B Specialty Occupation
- L-1A Intracompany Transferee
- L-1B Specialized Knowledge
- K-1 Fiancées
- K-3 Spouse of United States Citizens
- P-3 Culturally Unique Artist or Performer
- J-1 Exchange Visitor
- Marriage Green Card
- Family Green Card
- PERM Labor Certification
- EB-1A Extraordinary Ability Petition
- EB-1B Outstanding Researcher
- EB-1C Multinational Manager
- EB-5 Individual Business and Regional Center
- EB-2 National Interest Waiver
- Citizenship Applications
- Naturalization Interview
- Preparation & Representation
In The News
For her legal expertise, Ashima has been interviewed and quoted by journalists.
What Clients Are Saying
The team at Duggal Law firm is very professional. We worked with them on different cases at a company level to sponsor extra ordinary employees. Ashima gave us very detailed advice, and assisted every single one of us with extreme tailored attention. She has expertise, she knows all the details, pros and cons of every type of visa and the different application processes, she is good at explaining each one of them and finding the best one for your particular situation.
Thanks! Strongly suggest to work with her.
Ashima and her firm has been helpful in advising me on my visa application. She’s organized all process with Spanish Embassy in Madrid and I have got the visa as she planned. The communication is always easy and fast. Very professional. I really recommend her firm.
Ashima was incredibly helpful in helping my co-founder and I get our O1 visas approved!